Adsense

Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 August 2016

Roha Asad Qureshi

My Story

I was a very quiet and reserved person since my childhood, never teased my parents and made mischiefs. That’s why my parents admitted me at school at the age of 2.5 years. It is my father’s school and college in which I’ve studied till intermediate. I’ve been an extraordinary and brilliant student throughout my educational era. Till matric I always secured rank-1 in my school as well as in district. Besides studies, I had been participating in debate and speech competitions held in my school as well as on district and divisional level.

Life was not that much easier as my father had open-heart surgery when I was in 2nd grade. That was the toughest period in which I learned and motivated most. Throughout my studies, I’ve been watching my father facing illness but it was he, who always motivated me to achieve more and I can proudly say What I’m today is because of him.

In my 9th class I scored 96% marks and that was the day my father was in air. He cried with happiness and loved me and said “I’m proud of you Roha”. After my matric, my father started college too because he didn’t want me to leave home so early for education. I selected pre-engineering against his will as he wanted me to be a doctor but I always hate medical. Thus I proved myself in FSc too and scored 91% marks securing rank1 in my whole district.

In 2014 I was preparing for my entry test in KIPS Lahore. This was really tough phase of my life, far away from home in strange environment, having no one with me. But I tackled this period with bravery, studied hard, applied everywhere, gave tests by my own, visited every university faced many different people and was able to get admission in many universities including NUST, UET Lahore, GIKI, FAST Lahore etc. This experience made me much brave and strong. I gave NET3, got 123 marks and secured admission in Computer Engineering at CEME NUST.

At CEME I was able to maintain my record and excelled in sessional exams till I fell ill. In my Engineering Drawing class having fever of 103° I got fainted and was admitted to CMH Rawalpindi. I got admitted there for whole week, seen death very closely with no hope of recovery. When I felt better, I came back to EME but couldn’t recover well. I decided to defer my semester but my father suggested me to leave studies and come back home as EME didn’t provide deferment of 1 semester but whole year.

I came back home with purpose of recovering my health but I carried on studying to appear in NET again. In 2015, I appeared in NET2 and got 139 marks. I was able to make in Software Engineering at SEECS NUST. This achievement gave me hope and now Allhomdulillah I have completed my freshmen year here. I’ll be starting my sophomore year from 19th September.

I have learnt a lot in my life. I’ve seen much success plus failures too. All the ups and downs made me strong and much enthusiastic. I can just say that never lose hope, work hard, believe in yourself and Allah and see you will achieve what you want. Stay dedicated to your goals, it is the key to success.



















ROHA ASAD QURESHI                                    

SEECS NUST

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite inspiring...May Allah give you good health,courage and above all guidance to straight path..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have secured Admission in software engineering at MCS NUST is there any chance i can get transferred to main campus after spending a semester or two at MCS

      Delete
  3. Great May U Be Succeed In Every Field Of Life. Will Soon See U In NUST I.A.

    ReplyDelete